PIP Enquiry Line ph 1800 222 032
AAGP ACHS Accreditation for General Practices Program
- ACHS now offers accreditation services to general practices through its new program AAGP (ACHS Accreditation for General Practices).
- The new Program commenced in October 2017 and meets the RACGP Standards for General Practice 5th edition.
- The Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS) is an independent, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to improving the quality of health care in Australia through the continual review of performance, assessment, and accreditation.
AGPAL Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited
- Ph: 1300 362 111
- AGPAL is a not for profit organisation governed by the medical profession through its member organisations.
QPA Quality Practice Accreditation (was GPA Accreditation Plus)
- Ph: 1800 188 088
- QPA is an independant program which is providing additional benefits to General Practices through competition and innovation.
The RACGP 5th Standards Edition for general practices are designed to keep Australian general practice at the heart of an effective and efficient Australian health care system. The Standards are based on a framework of good governance - a framework which ultimately makes all members of the general practice team accountable for patient safety and high quality clinical care.
The 5th Standards have been released. They require at least an 18 mths workup of activities prior to survey visit. Practice Management consultants are available for practices to be ready for survey visits.